Tuesday 20th June 2023 -- Trans Oesophageal Scan


Mama’s Trans Oesophageal Scan (level 5B outpatient cardiac lab)

I was put in a chamber with the gadgets. Papa was not allowed. 
The nurse said that she was putting the needle in. (For the anaesthesia)

They tried to put in the scanner - it was a huge thing.
1" or 1.25" perimeter  
And long -- 
It looked scary to me.

I took the mouthwash, and after 2 minutes,  I swallowed it. And a numbing spray was placed in my mouth.  3 times- 

I was supposed to the mouth guard and swallow. 
I could not.
Then they removed the mouth guard and said don’t bite any thing  - and swallow. 
I couldn't swallow. 

Then the doctor said- my right side looked smaller than my right? Did I have a stroke?
I said yes. 2 years ago.

Then he said- put anaesthesia. He really didn't say it. But the nurse, later  - told me.

Half way through the Scan, when it was inside, I came around and swallowed but it was too hard to swallow. I realised that he increased the dosage, because I was knowed out later. 

I came to realise,  that I was back in the chair that I started out with. 
I was given a drink then milo. And hup seng crackers. 
I was really low in the blood pressure tests. Really low.

Papa said that I have to eat- and the blood pressure was to be higher. 
So I ate the crackers. And the blood pressure was going higher. 

Then I was told to leave. 

So glad I have to leave!!

Popular posts from this blog

June 27 Dermotology and June 28 Gastric