My Stroke

My stroke 
I was always - a happy go lucky, lady.
I did not show them, that. 
But in my heart of hearts, my Sat Guru knew me. What I was able to handle. And everything else. My sat guru knew me like I didn't know myself. Even now. When I say this. Even now.

Gita's marriage was in October 2020. 
After that, the vaccinations I received, Covid 19, made me weak. And I was a little busy. What with office work, and then house work, ( the full vegetarian menu, breakfast-lunch-dinner, during the lockdown and afterwards) and outside shopping, and lunches, dinners. And then, the settling into parent's house. Slowly learning the new market!

There comes a time, when it all gives way. 
All the work, piece by piece. I was getting tired. 
And the time is May 17, 2021. 

Until then, I was to perform a gazillion tasks at a go. Without a breath to breathe!  And then, a stroke.

Papa thought something weird was coming from my mouth, when I was sleeping. My stroke! I didn't realise what I was saying. And doing.
He called Rose. And Sunita. And Gita and Pavan. 
He never had a stroke patient before. 
But then, nor have I. 
I monitored my mother's health issues,  the father in laws health issues, my mother in laws health issues. 
But stroke ?

Papa put on a  breathing machine. 
Ambulance came. 
Ambulance people needed to go for a little longer term, in their coursework! They were staring down at me!! At a stretch. 
Papa said to them, go and get her! It's getting late! Or so I am told. Stroke is bad.
I was brought to changi hospital. 
But, the pump was taking 4 hours. By which time, I was going- gone! I had only 4 hours after the first stroke to survive. And nobody knew when the first stroke was.
I was rushed to SGH. Which had a special pump.

And...

I survived.

Aphasia! Nobody was willing to say this. Not the hospital staff. 
Muscle issues. I was supposed to be put under some machine. I survived that.

Only thing is - Aphasia. 

I had to relearn everything that I was doing. 
How does that work? I really don't know. 
The sounds that I was making, were jarring. 
In truth, I did not think I would make a speech, like right now. Or even better, afterwards - even a better speech coming out of me.

That time, was the most depressing! Aphasia! And all that it entails. Writing and speaking were affected. Not just speech. 

SGH  introduced me to :
Ouch. Speech therapy. Exercise. Music. 
I tried it all. 
May 17th until now.

I have improved. Music therapy was doing great for me. I am able to speak fluently, like right now. 

But, later last year, 2021, my appetite was dwindling. I stopped eating my old favourites. Mee siam kuah and char kwah teow. 
I would drink soup. And that's it. No rice, chepati, dosa, idlis. I was unhealthy dropping weight. 

My (ck) levels are low. Dr. Chiong Yi had some tests with my blood samples. And I had to repeat the hospital stay. Jan 5th to Jan 11th. The potassium drip. And cycles of blood, in the early morning. And neurology acupuncture. So pain!
And 3 tests of liver.

The Cdhd gastric doctor indicated that, I had to do a liver test. Jan 24. Cholesterol issues. 

What an exciting time again. My Sat Guru!

My Sat Guru! Be careful with me!! 




Popular posts from this blog

June 27 Dermotology and June 28 Gastric